At Spanning, the Engineering Manager is the glue that holds everything together. We believe that by focusing on people and process we can reliably and repeatedly ship quality software that delights our customers. At Spanning the Engineering Manager is responsible for the full lifecycle delivery and support of one or more products, and also managing the careers of a diverse set of engineers. This is a hands-on position that requires strong individual contributor technical skills. If you regularly think “man, I know a better way to manage this” and want a place to show that you can, then we should talk. Here is a short list of responsibilities for this role:
- Manage one or more projects in a feature-driven (agile-influenced) model.
- Handle escalations and keep a well-groomed and small backlog of work.
- Fill a Scrum Master role by coordinating the efforts of Product Owners, Designers, Developers, other managers, Sales, and Support.
- Ship early and often.
- Lead your team into a highly collaborative, effective, and fun working model.
- Defend and develop “just enough process” to keep us running at full speed as we grow to infinity and beyond.
- Have a deep understanding of building highly scalable applications in a SaaS model.
- Have a strong opinion about what metrics are meaningful for an engineering organization and how to track and improve them.
- Fill a Program Manager role for cross functional coordination.
- Able to fill an individual contributor role, working with the technology stack for all projects you lead.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.
Spanning by Dell EMC is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!