Full Stack Engineer
We believe strongly that a well-designed application makes customers happy, reduces support costs, and removes the need for static documentation. We ensure that every feature is customer-driven and simple enough to explain on a single page wiki. Rather than hire into well-defined categories, we are looking for engineers that want to take ownership, deliver results, and make a difference in many different parts of our product and process evolution. Here are some of the things that are important to us; if they’re important to you, we want to talk to you.
- Code reviews and Test Driven Development are a way of life. We know that “the slow way is the fast way.”
- Our engineers are masters of at least 1 part of our stack, are fluent in 2, and understand all 3. Our technology looks like this:
- Node.JS and/or Java
- AWS - EC2 (Ubuntu), RDS (MySQL/Postgres), Elasticache (Redis), S3, SQS
- We make heavy use of GitHub and expect well-organized check-ins. All code commits go through a highly collaborative code review process.
- We are interested in engineers that have either strong Java experience with a desire to dive deep into Node.js or have a strong background with building and supporting production Node.js applications. Experience with Java 8 is a plus as is experience writing unit tests, using mocking frameworks and task runners, and working with dependency injection. On the UI front, experience in a modern UI framework such as Angular or React is desirable.
- We do frequent, zero-downtime, no-drama deployments to our running production servers and focus on building highly scalable and available multi-tenant applications running on AWS. Your code will run millions of times per day and will encounter corner cases you never imagined.
- We run micro services that are a mix of Java and Node.js. All of them expose and consume RESTful interfaces.
- We consider experience with cloud application SDKs such as Amazon AWS, Google, Salesforce.com, or Office 365 a plus; if you have experience with single page web applications that make asynchronous server requests via REST, we’re interested to hear about it.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
About Spanning Cloud Apps
Spanning Cloud Apps is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!