Full Stack Engineer
We believe strongly that a well-designed application makes customers happy, reduces support costs, and removes the need for static documentation. We ensure that every feature is customer driven and simple enough to explain on a single page wiki. Rather than hire into well-defined categories, we are looking for engineers that want to take ownership, deliver results, and make a difference in many different parts of our product and process evolution. Here is a short list of things that we discuss daily. If they make sense to you, then you likely make sense to us:
- Code reviews and Test Driven Development are a way of life. We know that “the slow way is the fast way.”
- Our engineers are masters of at least 1 part of our stack, are fluent in 2, and understand all 3. Our technology looks like this:
- Node.JS/ and or Java
- We make heavy use of Source Code Management [Git] tooling and expect to see multiple code check-ins daily. All code commits go through a highly collaborative code review process.
- Proven experience with single page web applications that make asynchronous server requests via REST. I’ll call it AJAX just to get the buzzword hit on search engines.
- Practical experience with CSS and an understanding of responsive layouts. Experience with CSS pre-processing using SASS or similar tools is a plus.
- A strong desire to understand how customers use our product, not just show off all our features.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
Spanning, an EMC company, and a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications helps organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!