L2 Customer Support Engineer
Our customers love Spanning for many reasons and our customer support is one of them. We have a responsibility to the people that use our products and display this through the high level of support we provide our customers. Our Customer Support Engineers must be team players who possess a broad knowledge of our products with excellent troubleshooting skills. Our Customer Support Engineers must also be friendly, helpful, patient, compassionate, and empathetic when dealing with our valued customers and prospects.
This is a mid-level support role that will share ownership of incoming support cases, through all channels, with the other members of the team. This person will become a subject-matter expert (SME) for at least one of our products where they will act as the initial escalation contact for the other members of the team. This person will also work directly with engineering on SME escalations that require engineering attention.
- Acts as the primary voice of the company for all customer support interactions.
- Provides exceptional customer service & support to our current customer base.
- Attracts potential customers by providing exceptional pre-sales service & support.
- Responds to all inbound customer support cases within SLA limits.
- Takes full lifecycle ownership of their support cases and stays engaged.
- Maintains a positive and helpful interaction with all customers.
- Acts as a SME for one or more of the Spanning product offerings.
- Handles initial case escalations for products where they are the SME.
- Works directly with Engineering on problem cases where they are the SME.
- Performs account provisioning and maintenance (customer & partner).
- Alerts the Product Management team of customer/prospect feature requests.
- Improves the support Knowledge Base by authoring new articles and keeping current content up-to-date.
- Performs pre-release product testing.
- Trains new hires on the full Spanning product line, internal tools, and internal processes & procedures.
- Exhibits excellent record keeping & maintenance (Salesforce, internal tools, etc…).
- Familiarity with SaaS applications such as G Suite, Salesforce.com, Office 365, etc...
- Experience in a customer facing support role.
- Experience balancing multiple priorities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Basic familiarity of Unix/Linux and log file access is an added plus.
- Multilingual abilities are a plus.
About Spanning Cloud Apps:
Spanning Cloud Apps is located in the heart of downtown Austin, focusing on backup and restore for Google Apps, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office 365.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), a generous vacation policy and maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!