Marketing Events Manager
The Marketing Events Manager for Spanning will oversee the creation and implementation of key marketing programs including events, field marketing, and customer marketing. This person will work to extend the reach of Spanning’s core marketing campaigns and programs while also driving awareness and interest via trade shows, conferences and regional events around the world. Additionally, this role will ensure the Spanning customer community is growing and engaged via customer marketing activities and developing our customer reference resources.
Event Marketing and Management
- Identify and manage all activities related to tradeshows, conferences and regional events - from determining the messaging for the event, designing the display graphics, staffing the booth, and driving Spanning’s visibility and awareness at the events
- Manage all promotional activities supporting the events including blog posts, pre-show posts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and pre- and post-show email communications
- This person will travel to the events and be the on-site events manager for most large tradeshows and conferences (approx 30% travel required which may include International)
Global Field Marketing
- Enable sales and marketing teams around the globe with the marketing materials needed to boost awareness for SaaS data protection and drive leads for Spanning via paid media campaigns, customer user groups, and regional events, etc.
- Supporting field events by providing Spanning marketing support as needed
- Identify referenceable customers and work closely with both the customers and the Spanning marketing team to create and distribute customer case studies
- Manage PR and marketing requests for customer references to use in press, events and other customer featured marketing activities
- Coordinate customer participation at tradeshows and other speaking engagements
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in a related B2B marketing role
- Understanding of and experience using CRM systems, ideally Salesforce
- Understanding of and experience using Marketing Automation Platform, ideally Marketo
- Time management and organizational skills that allow you to work comfortably and effectively on multiple projects at once
- Proven experience running all logistics and execution of small and large events
- Deadline-oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise
- Ability to keep pace in a fast-moving, collaborative environment space
- Self-starting, proactive, and resourceful
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
About Spanning Cloud Apps
Spanning Cloud Apps is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!