Security and Compliance Analyst
Spanning takes security and compliance seriously through our full product line and company operations. We are building out our Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) team and are looking for a technical manager to lead this team. You will work closely with multiple groups including engineering, devops, legal, finance, HR, and sales to develop sound security policy and implement the controls necessary to satisfy external audit requirements and our own internal continuous auditing business objectives. Our ideal candidate takes an extremely pragmatic approach to GRC and is able to balance the needs of a very dynamic engineering culture with that of protecting the company and our customer’s data.
Skills that we look for in this role include:
- Prior work experience in information security, governance, or compliance in a SaaS environment.
- Deep understanding of SSAE 16/SOC 2 and/or HIPAA lifecycle from initial gap assessment through control implementation to receiving a favorable report issuance.
- Developing, and testing, disaster recovery/business continuity plans.
- Experience using log and data analytics tools.
- Ability to write basic scripts to automate audit evidence collection.
- Prior technical program management and/or project management experience.
- CISA, CISSP, Cloud Security Alliance or other relevant certification, or equivalent education.
- Strong information security background in either software development or systems operations.
- Familiarity with risk mitigation and incident response and handling.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
Spanning by Dell EMC is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!