The objective of the Solution Engineer (SE) is to assist in the Spanning sales process by providing pre-sales assistance, leading technical discussions and overcoming objections during the sales cycle. Providing education on products and features to prospects and sales team. Assisting in specific certifications, compliance audits, and other items required to make a sale.
Enabling other SE’s throughout the Dell EMC landscape to identify Spanning opportunities in their current install base and targets, and have meaningful conversations in order to progress the sales cycle.
Travel includes on-site customer installations and deep dive technical demos for the enterprise space, as well as attendance at various industry trade shows as needed.
Pre-Sales ‘Opportunity’ Support
- Support reps on calls with prospects including production demonstrations and discussions that educate as well as overcome any technical objections.
- Ensure (procure & create) customer-facing tools and documentation are available to support the discussion and meet any customer requirements.
- One to many training (Spanning, Dell EMC, partner reps)
- Ensure Messaging, Documentation, Tools to help enable (reactive, helpful) Pre-Sales Customer/Partner facing events / Webcasts
- Present at targeted/selectively chosen events to educate participants on the value of Spanning
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Comfortable with presentations to C-level as well as a group setting.
- Understand the SaaS backup and recovery model in order to educate and overcome objections.
- Have knowledge of the enterprise sales cycle.
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Salesforce.com and Microsoft O365 solution and market, cloud software/computing and/or backup software a plus.
- Pre-call planning.
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling.
- Call structure and control.
- Time management.
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment; team player.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- The highest level of integrity.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, salesforce.com).
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Specific sales training is a plus.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.
Spanning by Dell EMC is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!