Territory Development Representative
The Territory Development Rep here at Spanning, will be responsible for performing multiple prospecting functions as part of the Sales Team. The role will require you to become an expert in generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads. As an active member of the Spanning sales team, the Territory Development Rep will play a critical role in building pipeline and driving revenues, and the successful candidate will have an opportunity for career growth. The right candidate will identify, research, and contact potential new customers to gain an understanding of their business needs and initiatives. This role must communicate with multiple contacts and identify key decision makers, buying process, and procurement cycles within the prospect's organization and refer sales-ready leads to the appropriate Territory Sales Rep (TSR) who will be responsible for completing the sales process.
- Proactively expand new business through outbound lead generation and prospecting via direct/cold calling and email into specific target markets
- Use all tools such as Internet searches, email, social media, contact databases, voicemail, references, etc. to research, identify and penetrate new business opportunities within targeted territories and accounts
- Support execution of internal sales campaigns
- Achieve and exceed personal and sales team quota targets
- Ability to understand the sales process and able to overcome competitive sales
- Record all customer information and provide sales team with detailed call notes on all leads worked in Salesforce.com
- Partner effectively with sales team to schedule meetings with prospective customers and pass qualified sales ready opportunities.
- Promote activities and events to stimulate interest in prospect accounts.
- 1-2 years of lead generation or sales experience - ideally in the Information Technology space
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Detail oriented and process driven
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High energy and enthusiasm; eager to be on the phone and find opportunities by building relationships (40-60 calls per day)
- No fear attitude in cold calling
- Confident, persuasive, and able to deal with rejection on the way to securing that next meeting
- Passion for technology
- Experience using CRM software (Salesforce.com desirable)
- Knowledge of Spanning’s product line and being able to convey that knowledge to potential customers while adhering to our company’s messaging and positioning.
Spanning by Dell EMC is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!