Spanning Backup for Google Apps
Restore peace of mind.
Forty percent of companies lose information in the cloud each year at a cost of $10,000 for each 1MB of data. Seventy-five percent of that data loss is caused by human error. Google Apps gives your company unmatched agility and accessibility in the cloud, but you may be surprised to know that Google does not help you recover lost data due to human error and threats like hackers, sync malfunctions, disgruntled employees, and more.
That’s why we created Spanning Backup for Google Apps. Now you don’t need to worry about data loss stopping your business in its tracks. With our easy-to-use backup and recovery solution, you can get data back, exactly the way it was, in just a few clicks.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps keeps your business protected and productive.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps automatically backs up your Sites, Calendar, Gmail, Contacts, and Drive data to a private and secure sector of the AWS cloud. We’ll protect copies of all your information, so if the original copy is compromised, you can rely on our easy-to-use software to rapidly restore your data.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps is the top-rated backup and recovery solution on the Google Marketplace. Here’s why:
- It’s intuitive. Spanning Backup is so easy to use that end-users can restore their own data without calling on IT.
- It’s powerful. Our extensive functionality makes Spanning Backup the most fine-tuned solution on the market, giving you maximum control of your data.
- It’s secure. We maintain industry-leading security credentials, including:
- SSAE 16 Type II compliance
- Intrusion detection
- TRUSTe privacy and security seals
- US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks certifications
- 128-bit SSL and 256-bit AES encryption
- It’s affordable. Starting at $40 per user per year, Spanning Backup pays for itself every time you restore a file. We’re proud to offer discounts to educators and non-profit organizations, and we’re happy to work with customers that have special budget considerations.
- It’s unlimited. You’ll never have to worry about monitoring your limits and purchasing more storage. Our rates and coverage are stable no matter how much data your organization generates.
Spanning Backup for Google Apps features
Thousands of customers around the world have turned to Spanning Backup to protect their Google Apps data: Gmail, Drive, Sites, Calendars and Contacts.
Powerful. Easy-to-use. Spanning Backup delivers the features you need to have real insight into your data and full admin control over your backup and restore processes. No worries about running out of storage space. All paid Spanning accounts receive unlimited backup storage.
Your data is safe, secure and private in Spanning Backup. The app is SSAE 16 compliant, has a 99.9% uptime SLA (service level agreement), and has a top rating on Google Apps Marketplace. Spanning Backup is the most reliable and respected cloud-to-cloud backup solution for IT decision-makers.
Automated & on-demand backups
Automated daily and on-demand backups: Know exactly when your data is automatically backed up, and perform additional backups on demand.
Selective backups: Choose the specific labels, document folders, calendars, and contact groups you want to include in your backups.
Metadata backup: Backup and restore your data to its full and original state – including document directory structure, nested folders, site structure, sharing and permissions settings, and more.
Data search and restore
Point-in-time restores: Access historical versions of all your data – documents, folders, sites, calendars, contact groups – and restore to any previous known-good state.
Email search and filter: Easily find and select emails to be restored by date, label, sender, and subject line.
Quick Drive search and navigation: Find and restore files from any point in time in their drive folders or by using quick search to find them.
Cross-user restore: Restore data from one Google Apps user account into another (admin only).
Restore to file & whole account export: Export an entire account or specific pieces of backed up data in standard file formats.
Advanced administrator options
User settings lock: Prevent user modifications to back up settings.
ACL retention: Retain your access control lists for all restored folders, documents, calendars, and events.
OU-aware license manager: Manage your software licenses at the organizational unit (OU) level, in addition to the individual user level.
Complete status monitoring
Status history: Monitor and resolve backup errors with a detailed, actionable status history, complete with error-correction instructions.
Status update emails: Set email notification preferences – daily, weekly, monthly, never – for receiving automated backup status summaries.
Admin Audit Log: Maintain an immutable, detailed record of all administrator actions - and view it from your admin dashboard.
See Spanning Backup for Google Apps in action
How to Install in 54 Seconds
Admin Panel in Spanning Backup
User Panel in Spanning Backup
Our approach is designed to accommodate the needs of all users – individuals and companies, regardless of type, size or flavor. Whether you’re an individual or domain customer, Spanning Backup for Google Apps provides full business-class protection for all your data in Gmail, Drive, Sites, Calendars and Contacts.
With a domain account, you can purchase subscriptions for all users in your domain, or just selected users. Additional users can be added, quickly and easily, at any time.
Protecting customer data is our #1 priority.
Spanning Backup employs multiple layers of operation and physical security to ensure the integrity and safety of your data, including:
- SSAE 16 compliance: Spanning has successfully completed the SSAE 16 Type II audit process, a rigorous evaluation of operational controls, making it the only Google Apps cloud-to-cloud backup provider to do so.
- Strong encryption: Spanning Backup protects data in transit with 128-bit SSL and at rest with 256-bit AES encryption, one of the strongest block ciphers available.
- Intrusion detection: Our systems constantly guard against intrusion with log analysis, file integrity checking, policy monitoring, rootkit detection, real-time alerting, and active response.
- Compartmentalized access: Access to production servers is granted only to named Spanning employees who have specific operational requirements. Changes to the production environment access control list are tracked and auditable.
- Virtual private cloud: Spanning Backup runs within a private, isolated section of the Amazon Web Services cloud where we maintain AWS resources in a secure, virtual network.
- Third-party certifications and audits: Spanning Backup operates within the Amazon Web Services cloud, which is ISO 27001 certified, has completed multiple SAS-70 Type II audits, and publishes a SOC 1 report under both the SSAE 16 and the ISAE 3402 professional standards. Spanning Backup has also earned TRUSTe privacy and security seals and is certified under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
Start a 14-day free trial
Like what you see? You can try a non-restricted version of Spanning Backup free for 14 days. We’ll start backing up your Google Apps data immediately. When you're ready to purchase, simply convert your trial licenses to paids licenses, and we’ll continue backing up your critical data seamlessly. It’s as simple as that! We'll even send you a free t-shirt just for trying it out. Click here to get started now.