5 Things to Do at Dreamforce
Next week is Dreamforce, and we couldn’t be more excited! It’s a huge opportunity to learn from your fellow attendees, to network, and to come home with some exciting new ideas. To get you started with your agenda, here are some things to do at Dreamforce:
- Lunch and Learn: Get the most out of Salesforce by learning how to integrate the two biggest cloud platforms – Salesforce and Google. Join a panel of industry leaders including our own Mat Hamlin as they explain the best tips, technologies and practices for combining the power of Google and Salesforce. The lunch will be held Monday, October 13th at 12pm at the Thirsty Bear Brewing Company.
- Get Some Exercise: Blow off some steam and stay fit while also enjoying all the fun of Dreamforce at the 2nd Annual Community Fun Run. Take a jog with Lori Witzel of Team Spanning and the Community Group. Someone will run off with a cool new fitness technology gift! The Fun Run will start on Tuesday, October 14th at 6:20am at the Ferry Building on Embarcadero.
- Learn About Salesforce1: Spanning engineers Patty Cifra and Gordon Bockus will present a developer session titled “Surface Your Existing Force.com Canvas App in Salesforce1.” Do you have an existing Force.com Canvas application that you would like to optimize for mobile? Using Spanning Backup for Salesforce as a real-world example, they’ll deep-dive into design considerations for loading the existing app onto a mobile device, implementation decisions and execution, technologies used, and best practice recommendations. The session will be on Tuesday, October 14th at 11:15am at the Mobile Theater in Moscone Center West.
- Escape the Crowd: Along with fellow Cloud Collective partners, Spanning will host a three-day Oasis at the B Restaurant and Bar overlooking the Yerba Buena Gardens. Visitors can enjoy food and beverages, unwind with complimentary chair massages, recharge devices, and partake in special demos and giveaways.
- Win Bacon: Join fellow Spanning clients and interested attendees at Booth #N2236 to learn about how to protect your Salesforce data – and any custom objects on the Force.com platform – from disaster with Spanning Backup for Salesforce. You’ll also be able to spin our Prize Wheel to win a special edition bacon trucker hat, a Spanning-to-the-rescue flying pig slingshot, a Bacon of the Month club membership, or FREE Spanning Backup for Salesforce! In the meantime, you can read how customers like SendGrid have had their bacon saved by Spanning.
There’s a million things to do a Dreamforce next week – we hope you’ll join us at one of these above or all five! And if you need tips on prepping for Dreamforce, you can find a list here.