Don’t become one of these people
Often when I tell people that Spanning Backup backs up Google Calendar, Contacts, and Docs, they give me a puzzled look and ask, “Do I need to do that?” And my answer is emphatically, “Yes, you absolutely need to do that!” And here’s why.
Here are some postings from the Google help forums from people who have lost their Google apps data and have no way to get it back:
- all contacts deleted!!!!!! how can i get them back?
- 2 of my Google Docs – most recently edited yesterday, are missing. Please help!
- I accidentally deleted 250 contacts from my contact list meant to be delted only from a group. Can I get them back?
- I have imported a wrong ical file(set if events) to my primary calendar. How can I delete these events without deleting
- I have lost all my 2009 calendar entries. How do I recoup them? I have a Mac I used internet explorer 7
- I accidently deleted files from the Trash, How can I restore my delete files??
- All contacts GONE!!!! HELP!
- Help! After being away for the summer I logged into my partner page and all my docs and spreadsheets are missing.
- I just lost ALL my contacts and I am ready to kill gmail. I did NOT delete them they just went missing. pissed
- All the docs that I placed in folders are gone
- i merged all my contacts and now i want to demerge it, how do i do it ?
- All 247 of my contacts were merged into ONE person’s contact file by Gmail!! Help please ) :
- Just had a very important document dissappear. It is not in the trash. It was shared with two users. What happened?
- HELP!!!! I accidently DELETED all my Gmail Work contacts…. Does anyone know how I could retrieve them?
- Accidentally deleted contacts! Blackberry/Droid
- I accidentally deleted a document about a week ago. Is there anyway I can retrieve it again?
- Recover the documents of mine that mysteriously disappeared from Google Docs?
The one thing that all these people have in common? None of them had been using Spanning Backup. If they had, they could have easily restored their data into their Google apps and gotten on with their lives.
Spanning Backup is free to try for 30 days at spanningbackup.com.