Going to #Dreamforce17? 5 Tips to Build a Backup Plan for Must-See Sessions
If you’re going to Dreamforce next week, you’ve read a lot about “must-see sessions” — and you may know how hard it is to get into every session you want to attend. Since Spanning is all about a better way to backup and recover critical Salesforce data and metadata, we thought we’d share 5 tips to help you build a backup plan for Dreamforce sessions, and recover a little peace of mind in case you can’t make it to your top “must-see” sessions.
Your Backup Plan for #DF17 Session Access
- Can’t get into a HOT (Hands-On Training)? HOTs are super-popular, and your first choice may be overbooked – but rest easy. While at Dreamforce, go to the Admin or Developer Campgrounds, and ask one of the experienced #SalesforceOhana volunteers to help you dig in deeper on a specific feature or on new functionality.
- Two must-see sessions scheduled at the same time? This one’s easy – reach out after Dreamforce to the session presenters, via the Trailblazer Community. Ask them to connect, to share their insights as well as their presentation deck.
- Sprawling Dreamforce campus and big crowds making you late? If you’ve haven’t left enough transition time between sessions, fret not. See Tip #2, and connect with session presenters post-Dreamforce to learn directly from them.
- Having a swag-bag-overloaded-schedule drag? Don’t let an overload of swag slow your transition time between sessions – bring an empty rolling suitcase to the expo floor for loading and toting swag, then take advantage of Dreamforce’s secure bag check to free you for fast transitions between sessions. Pro tip: many exhibitors will be extra-generous with swag giveaways in the final hours of the expo.
- Too much to see for one person? Flying solo at Dreamforce presents its own challenges; meet others who are flying solo here, and divide and conquer your “must-see” sessions, while comparing notes and adding new connections in the #SalesforceOhana.
A few of my own “must-sees”—aside from keynotes and the Wednesday night AppBash (Spanning is sponsoring, ask us about a free wristband – we have a few more to share)—include:
- “Manufacturing: Run Your Back Office on Salesforce, Cloud ERP and Beyond,” with Ali Moshfeghian, COO, Xtreme Lashes
- “Equality Innovation: How Technology Is Driving Social Change,” because the panelists are sharing a path to using tech to reduce bias
- “Innovate How You Educate Your End Users,” with the awesome Rebe de la Paz keeping innovation real and helping you help your end users
Will I see you at #Dreamforce17? I hope so – find me on Twitter @LoriAusTex and let me know if we can meet up.Check out our reviews on the AppExchange