Google Account Recovery: Get Your Data Back the Way it Was in Just a Few Clicks
In this post, we showed you how Spanning helps you recover an entire Google account in only a few minutes by performing a full export of account data. This type of account recovery is helpful if you need to locate and use information that was stored in the lost account or if you need to give the data to a lawyer for eDiscovery. Of course, for best practice, you may just want to archive the data so it will always be available for local search.
But what if you want your Google account up and running online again, just as it was before the account was lost or deleted? In this case, you’ll want to fully restore the data from the deleted account to an active account, and you’ll need Spanning’s help to do this.
Spanning Backup makes this type of Google account recovery simple. As always, you can complete your backup and recovery goals in just a matter of clicks:
- Create a replacement Google account where all the recovered data will land.
- Use the cross-user restore function in Spanning Backup to restore the data from the deleted account. To do this, log into Spanning Backup as the admin and go into the account that has been deleted.
- Under Restore, go to the Mail tab and choose all of the mail from the day from which you wish to restore.
- Click Restore and choose the new account you created for the data to land.
- Repeat this process under the Documents, Calendars, Contacts and Sites sections until everything you need has been restored to the new account.
Congratulations! You’ve restored a Google account. Now, you may be wondering what your data looks like after having temporarily disappeared into the ether of the Internet. Does it look like you remember? Is it where you remember putting it? Can the same people you used to share it with still access the information? With Spanning, the answer to each of these questions is yes!
At Spanning, we believe that the restore process should be simple, intuitive, and flexible, allowing users to manipulate as much or as little data as they choose, select a specific date from which to restore, and maintain the integrity of the information as much as possible. The following features translate these beliefs into real product benefits:
- Point-in-time restore: gives users the option to access historical versions of all data and restore the desired version of information.
- Metadata backup: means that Spanning helps restore your data to its full and original state, including document directory structure, nested folders, site structure, sharing and permissions settings, and more.
- Email search and filter: lets users easily find and select emails to be restored by date, label, sender, and subject line.
To learn why Spanning Backup is known for providing the easiest data recovery in the industry, visit our features page.Start Your Free 14-Day Trial