Spanning Backup for Office 365 Launches Overseas Just in Time for Microsoft Ignite
Back in May, we officially announced that our backup and restore solution for Office 365, the best way for businesses to protect their Office 365 data, was expanding to include OneDrive. Since then, we’ve empowered many organizations from all industries and of various sizes across North America with automated backup of their Office 365 data. Our customers trust Spanning to protect their critical business data in Office 365 and today we’re excited to announce that we have expanded the reach of our backup and recovery solution to data outside of the U.S.
Global Datacenter Expansion
This big news is made possible by the addition of our new datacenter in Dublin, Ireland. For European customers, this regional deployment allows them to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that was recently adopted and soon to be enforced. In addition to satisfying data sovereignty concerns, having Spanning Backup services closer to the Office 365 datacenters will provide some latency and efficiency gains when backing up, restoring, and exporting data. For our North American customers who wish to store data outside of the U.S., this region offers them the perfect solution for storage and backup.
Access to the new EU-based datacenter for backup is available to customers now. That’s not all! In early 2017, we will be expanding further with a datacenter in Australia, specifically for our customers whose data falls under the Australian Privacy Policies (APPs) enforced by the Privacy Act.
Andy Rouse, Spanning Office 365 Product Manager, said, “We’ve already seen how our ‘born-in-the-cloud’ approach to data protection for Office 365 resonates with admins and how the product not only saves businesses time and resources, but also eliminates the frustration that comes with day-to-day data loss from user error. By expanding to customers with data outside of the U.S., we’ll be able to not only provide Office 365 backup, but also to help meet data regulations, giving our customers peace of mind.”
Backup and Recovery Management
As we continue to develop enterprise-grade features and functionality for some of the world’s largest organizations making the move to Office 365, we are happy to introduce some new administrative management capabilities. Now, admins are able to:
- Securely manage backup admin access: Privileged access within Spanning Backup has been extended to include named individuals, in addition to privileged access automatically granted to Office 365 Global admins. All access relies on Microsoft authentication and authorization, including any multi-factor authentication configured.
- Retain mail according to your needs: Spanning Backup allows customers to set the tenant-wide retention period for the email that Spanning Backup has protected to align with the organization’s retention policies, and ultimately, match the discoverability footprint that each organization has adopted.
- Efficiently manage user provisioning: With Spanning’s provisioning APIs, organizations can integrate Spanning into their existing user lifecycle workflows or scripts and programmatically add or remove Spanning Backup services. This allows them to automate licensing processes and more efficiently manage user onboarding and offboarding.
Improved Security Certification
Spanning Backup has achieved SSAE SOC 2 Type II compliance, proof that Spanning Backup for Office 365’s processes meet or exceed the industry standard set of operational, security and compliance controls.
As always, Spanning Backup for Office 365 automatically performs daily backups of each Exchange Online mailbox, retaining all previous versions and providing unlimited storage. End users or admins have access to “point-in-time” backup snapshots, which allow them to search across backups to find lost or deleted items and restore the data exactly as it was at a particular time. Other key features of Spanning Backup for Office 365 include:
End users or admins have access to “point-in-time” backup snapshots, which allow them to view and restore their backed up data exactly as it was at that time. Other key features of Spanning Backup for Office 365 include:
- Cross-user restores make it easy to quickly restore email and OneDrive for Business content to any other user within the Office 365 tenant.
- Transparent, actionable reporting and alerts for full confidence in backups.
- A mobile-friendly UI that gives admins access to Spanning Backup for Office 365 anytime, anywhere, on any device, from phone to tablet to laptop or desktop.
To learn more about Spanning Backup for Office 365 and to see the solution in action, click here!