Your Data Protection Checklist for Cloud Providers
A new report is out from analyst firm SSG-NOW that provides helpful advice for anyone wanting to evaluate a cloud provider from a data protection perspective. In it, Deni Connor and Earl Follis walk you through some of the data loss issues that can occur in SaaS applications and how to prevent them.
Also in the report is a helpful checklist you can use to evaluate any cloud provider. Use these questions to ensure that your data is safe:
- Do they perform regular backups?
- Do they retain past versions of customer files?
- Can they verify if data deletion requests are coming from an authorized source?
- How quickly can they restore data?
- What’s their SLA around restoring lost data?
- How much does it cost to restore lost data?
- What is their support process like?
If you’d like to learn more about evaluating your cloud providers from a data protection standpoint, we recommend reading SSG-NOW’s latest report “Backing up Software-as-a-Service Applications” which you can download for free below. And if there are any other criteria that you use to evaluate your cloud providers, let us know about it in the comments.