Your Quick Guide to Navigating Google’s Biggest Conference
This guest blog post is written by Ashley Kelnhofer, marketing director, Cloudbakers.
Think of all the amazing inventions that have been created for and around the World’s Fairs. From jetpacks to zippers to autonomous cars and fax machines, they all were innovative during their time and some of these inventions we can’t imagine living without today.
Suppose you could be part of that innovation now. Next week, Google hosts NEXT ‘18. Designed with inspiration from the iconic World’s Fair, it’s an exhibition like no other. Plan for entertainment, come for the innovation, stay for the education, and leave with inspiration. Read our quick guide to prepare you for one of the most thrilling weeks of your life.
Plan for the Entertainment and Come for the Innovation
Some think of entertainment as music and happy hours, others think of entertainment as any type of amusement. With the sessions and lineup of activities that Google has in place this year, you can discover anything from application development to collaboration, data analytics, machine learning, and so much more. Next ’18 will feature tracks that encompass all aspects of the Google Cloud portfolio and then some! The difficult part is deciding which themes are most amusing to you and your strategy. We encourage you to take the time before July 24, 2018 to dive into the sessions list and mark your favorites. And for those of you who are about the other kind of entertainment, we have a happy hour just for you, co-hosted with our friends at Spanning!
Stay for the Education
The Keynotes and breakout sessions are a must, but there’s a lot more to explore. Office hours, Meetups, Hands-on Labs, and the entire Partner Playground is a scene you don’t want to miss. This is where I think Google says it best: “Next is where we can all come together to share big ideas in the same space and actively make the cloud stronger. Come participate, get your hands dirty, and bring home knowledge that makes what matters to you tangibly better.”
A number of partners and products from Google’s ecosystem share this amazing space, including Cloudbakers as a Premier Google Cloud Partner. (Come check out our demos and look for the cloud that lights up based on sentiment analysis). We’ve done some work ahead of time to help you pinpoint some stops to add to your NEXT ‘18 journey.
Moscone’s West Hall will hold interactive areas around application development as well as collaboration, productivity, and security services. We encourage you to come meet some of the ‘bakers near the application development area at booth W1635. Throughout West Hall there are several other solutions you can look into:
- Intranet Solutions | At Next ’17, LumApps won the Google Cloud Award for Solution Innovation of the Year. They are back this year at booth W1309 where you can explore the only social intranet recommended by Google.
- Document Management | Learn how to build better business apps in just a few clicks with AODocs, the only document management platform built for Google Drive. They’ve got demos tailored to every industry and department and will be located at booth W1208.
- Backup | Learn how you can protect your G Suite data with Spanning Backup for G Suite at booth W1619. Spanning is the leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, protecting more than 8,000 organizations from data loss due to user error, malicious activity and more.
As you head over to the South Hall, you can dive deeper into security, while visiting some of Google’s showcases around data analytics, machine learning and AI. Some of our favorite solutions over here will be:
- CRM | This particular CRM is made specifically for G Suite, works instantly and has a beautiful user experience. Over 10,000+ companies in over 100 Countries use ProsperWorks to grow and foster long-lasting business relationships. You can meet ProsperWorks at booth S1515 to see how they’re changing they way we work together.
- Encryption | Discover seamless email encryption, powerful access control, and unparalleled security — built for the enterprise and easy enough for everyone. Meet Virtru at S1403, where experts will be looking forward to giving demos directly at their booth or in meeting spaces booked nearby, where you can take a relaxing break.
- SaaS Management | Visit BetterCloud at booth S1329 for a limited edition hoodie! Their team can’t wait to show you how BetterCloud can help you manage and secure your SaaS apps with automated policies. They’ll have 18 BetterClouders ranging from sales to product to execs ready to chat with you and demo the platform.
Leave With Inspiration
Last year, more than 250 Google speakers and 70+ customer speakers presented at 200 breakout sessions. Cloudbakers is honored to be speaking this year on a panel with our clients at Adler Planetarium. Follow us on Twitter for more details as we get closer to the event and follow along as we live tweet the presentation. With a conference twice as large in 2018, it will be impossible not to walk away with new ideas, relationships, and excitement to continue refining your strategy. Google made 100 announcements at Next ’17, and are gearing up for more big news this year. Imagine what will be next at NEXT!
An earlier version of this blog post first appeared on Cloudbaker’s blog.