Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for closing new sales from existing prospects and for sourcing and developing new leads into qualified opportunities. The emphasis for AEs will be on revenue – closing new Spanning Backup business from an existing pool of prospects who are in a 14-day free trial – however, they will also be responsible for sourcing net new Spanning Backup opportunities in their respective territories. Reporting to the Sales Manager the AE will work closely with both Sales Engineers and customer support personnel to ensure high opportunity conversion rates with an outstanding customer experience.
The AE will manage inbound lead activity in an assigned territory, source new opportunities, and move opportunities through the sales cycle. An implicit responsibility of the AE is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales.
- Close Spanning Backup free trial opportunities, opportunities created from marketing qualified leads, and self-sourced leads ensuring a high conversion rate of qualified opportunities into customers.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target/Prospect Accounts from inbound and self-sourced leads and move them into the Spanning Backup Trial process (POC) and through the sales cycle to close.
- Interact with prospects via email and telephone.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Demonstrate the product to decision makers.
- Become a trusted, credible resource and develop a value-added relationship with prospects.
- Update lead, account and opportunity interaction in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management.
- Consistently achieve/surpass quotas to ensure revenue objectives.
- Provide closed-loop feedback for continuous process optimization.
Required Skills and Experiences
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible quota attainment in a highly transactional business-to-business (B2B) software sales environment. Experience with a subscription-based, recurring revenue model preferred. Familiarity with Google Apps, Microsoft and Salesforce.com solution and market, cloud software/computing and/or backup software a plus.
- Pre-call planning.
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling.
- Call structure and control.
- Time and territory management.
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment; team player.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- The highest level of integrity.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, salesforce.com).
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Specific sales training is a plus.
About Spanning Cloud Apps:
Spanning Cloud Apps is located in the heart of downtown Austin, focusing on backup and restore for Google Apps, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office 365.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), a generous vacation policy and maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!