Front End Engineer
We believe strongly that a well-designed application makes customers happy, reduces support costs, and removes the need for static documentation. We ensure that every feature is customer-driven and simple enough to explain on a single page wiki. This role is super important because you are the face of the product to our customers and the voice of customers to the company. Here are some of the skills we’re seeking:
- Proven experience with single-page web applications that make asynchronous server requests via REST. We’ll call it AJAX just to get the buzzword hit on search engines.
- We make heavy use of GitHub and expect well-organized check-ins. All code commits go through a highly collaborative code review process.
- Strong HTML and CSS experience. You should be able to render your vision on multiple browsers and have a strong understanding of responsive layouts. Experience with CSS pre-processing using SASS or similar tools is a plus.
- A good eye for clean and intuitive UX. If you are a fan of Basecamp or Little Big Details then you know what we mean. We have a strong design team and expect our UI engineers to have an opinion about usability and design, be able to quickly analyze the feasibility of different design options and be able to deliver fast and maintainable web applications from detailed mocks.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Karma, Protractor, Jasmine, or mocha is a plus, as is experience with task runners such as Grunt or gulp. Writing tests is a part of a day in the life of every engineer on the team.
- A strong desire to understand how customers use our product, not just show off all our features.
- Links to some live web applications that you have built and are proud of.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you.
About Spanning Cloud Apps
Spanning Cloud Apps is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!