SaaS Sales Engineer (SE)
The objective of the SaaS Sales Engineer (SE) is to assist in the Spanning sales process by providing pre-sales assistance, leading technical discussions and overcoming objections during the sales cycle. The SE will become an expert on Spanning’s suite of SaaS backup and recovery products and should have working or expert knowledge of G-Suite, Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office 365. The SE may be required to assist in specific certifications, compliance audits, and other items required to make a sale.
- Support reps on calls with prospects including product demonstrations and discussions that educate as well as overcome any technical objections.
- Complete RFIs / RFPs, working with the product, security, and engineering teams to create and articulate high-quality responses.
- Ensure (procure & create) customer-facing tools and documentation are available to support the discussion and meet any customer requirements.
- Develop and deliver one-to-many training (webinars, in-house sales training) to elevate the sales team’s domain knowledge.
- Work with the Product Team to ensure messaging, documentation, and tools are available, effective and up to date.
Channel Enablement and Market Awareness
- Assist the channel sales team with education and enablement of Spanning’s channel partners.
- Present at targeted/selectively chosen events to educate participants on the value of Spanning.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Understand the SaaS backup and recovery model in order to educate and overcome objections.
- Create and manage demo environments.
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Salesforce.com, and Microsoft O365 solution and market, cloud software/computing and/or backup software a plus.
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling.
- Call structure and control.
- Time management.
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment; team player.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- The highest level of integrity.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, salesforce.com).
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Specific sales training is a plus.