Site Reliability Engineer
We believe strongly that a well-designed application makes customers happy, reduces support costs, and is easy to maintain. We’re serious about scaling our products and infrastructure to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding customer base. We are looking for engineers that want to take ownership, deliver results, and make a difference in many different parts of our product, infrastructure, and process evolution. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will become an expert in one of our applications and its production environment; you’ll develop a solid understanding of the code base, architecture, and customer use cases as well as the application’s configuration and monitoring. You’ll respond to production failures, determine root causes and work with the development team to deliver solutions. You’ll collaborate with the development and DevOps teams to plan for scaling, implement effective monitoring, and develop tools to manage the environment. Here are the qualities and skills we’re seeking for this position:
- You love digging deep into a problem, getting to the root of an issue, and working with a team to get it resolved.
- You’re into automation, metrics, and monitoring. You automate any and all mundane tasks so you can focus more of your time on the big picture, solve real issues, and put time into measuring and scaling a production application.
- You’re at home on the Linux command line and handy with system administration tools. You can navigate a database using SQL and might have some experience with performance tuning.
- You have some experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications and hosted infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud or a strong desire to learn.
- You’re proficient at one of the programming languages or frameworks listed below and are unphased by learning those unfamiliar to you.
- Chef, Ruby, Bash
- You have a strong desire to understand how customers use our product and a passion for finding and resolving issues before our customers even know they have one.
- You crave variety and the idea of being able to do a little bit of everything (troubleshooting, developing tools, fixing bugs, building out infrastructure) is highly appealing to you.
If you think you might be the right person for this role, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.
About Spanning Cloud Apps
Spanning Cloud Apps is a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helping organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Apps, Salesforce, and now Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world.
Spanning offers full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k), an unlimited vacation policy and a very generous maternity/paternity policy. We also have weekly family lunches catered for our employees, Taco Mondays, massages, workout classes, and more. Spanning was voted one of the Best Companies to Work For in Central Texas (2013 and 2014) and one of the Healthiest Employers of Central Austin.
We're looking for the best and brightest minds that work well in a collaborative environment and have an undying quest for learning. If you think you have what it takes to work here at Spanning, please apply now!