ESG Lab Validates Data Protection Capabilities of Spanning Backup for Google Workspace
Enterprise Strategy Group and Spanning to Discuss SaaS Data Protection in June 9 Webinar
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)—Spanning Cloud Apps LLC, an EMC company and a leading provider of SaaS data protection, today announced findings from an evaluation report by analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). The report is based on an ESG Lab Test Drive of Spanning Backup for Google Workspace, which validated the solution for delivering the assurance that Google Workspace data is fully protected and secure, as well as easy to recover.
As businesses continue moving their workloads to cloud-based applications to enable better productivity and collaboration, ESG recognizes that the complexity of cloud service offerings present new challenges for IT departments responsible for managing, monitoring and protecting SaaS applications. With the goal of obtaining a real-world point of view of data protection and recovery offerings for organizations relying on or considering adopting Google Workspace, the ESG Lab Test Drive validates that Spanning Backup:
- Delivers automated and on-demand backups with granular recovery capabilities to Google Workspace environments;
- Provides data protection through monitoring and notifications, and end-user self-service restores;
- Is easy to acquire and implement via the Google Workspace Marketplace, and offers a smooth transition by supporting each Google App component in a way that is familiar to current cloud users; and
- Expands application support to include Salesforce and Office 365.
“Savvy IT professionals understand the importance of cloud data protection and the value of powerful backup and recovery for any SaaS implementation,” said Jeff Erramouspe, VP and GM of Spanning by EMC. “Validation from ESG Research is very important to inform the enterprise market about Spanning’s powerful automated SaaS data protection capabilities that removes one of the top concerns of adopting Google Workspace, as well as Salesforce and Microsoft Office 365.”
Download a full copy of the report, ESG Lab Test Drive: Spanning Backup for Google Workspace, here.
Live Webinar with ESG Research
Jason Buffington, senior analyst at ESG, will join Erramouspe for a live webinar: “The Cloud Revolution and Data Protection Evolution.”
When: Tuesday, June 9 at 10 a.m. CT
What: Topics for the panel discussion include:
- 2015 IT spending priorities and predictions
- The new role of a backup admin in the cloud era
- How to modernize data protection as you modernize IT productivity
- Hear what organizations who have lost SaaS data learned and how they evolved their data protection strategy
Register for the live webinar here.
About Spanning Cloud Apps LLC
Spanning, an EMC company and a leading provider of backup and recovery for SaaS applications, helps organizations to protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, enterprise-class data protection for Google Workspace, Salesforce, and soon Office 365. Spanning Backup is the most trusted cloud-to-cloud backup solution for thousands of companies and millions of users around the world. Learn more at www.spanning.com.
EMC is a trademark or registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Spanning is a trademark or registered trademark of Spanning Cloud Apps LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.