Spanning Announces Summer ’13 Release of Spanning Backup for Google Workspace
AUSTIN, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Spanning Cloud Apps, Inc., creators of the powerful, enterprise-class data protection solution Spanning Backup for Google Workspace, today announced the release of new features designed to support the company’s rapidly growing base of large Google Workspace customers. Spanning Backup Summer ’13 Release includes new features to further empower large organizations to protect, manage and repair the Google Workspace data of their vast and dynamic user bases.
With backup and robust recovery of the complete Google Workspace suite, Spanning Backup’s new features were developed to help organizations manage large user bases and comply with complex regulatory and policy requirements.
“We are seeing increasing numbers of very large-scale organizations, including global companies and educational institutions, migrate to Google Workspace at an increased pace,” said Charlie Wood, CEO, Spanning. “In addition to enterprise-class, long-term backup and recovery, the new features address critical pain points that plague organizations when they are managing thousands or tens of thousands of users.”
Spanning Backup Summer ’13 Release Aids Organizations with Complex User Groups and Dynamics
- Email retention policy enforcement reduces the management costs and security risks of retaining old emails. The new feature enables administrators to specify exactly how long backed-up email will be retained to comply with data retention policies. Users can also label key terms to be excluded from the deletion process, ensuring the most important emails are available indefinitely.
- Auto-add licenses eliminates the headache of manually adding and assigning licenses for new users by providing automatic assignment of available licenses to users added to a Google Workspace domain.
- Named administrators allows organizations to choose which users can be administrators of Spanning Backup, regardless of their rights on the Google Workspace Domain.
- Large domain support enhances the usability of Spanning Backup for administrators of large domains. Users can navigate huge amounts of information with paging controls and type-ahead to quickly find the item of interest.
- Spanning Backup knowledge base serves as a deep resource for end-users where they can review detailed information, articles, white papers and videos for training and troubleshooting tips; available at support.spanning.com.
Spanning provides backup and recovery of the complete Google Workspace suite, including Gmail, Drive, Sites, Calendar and Contacts. Since its founding in 2010, Spanning has helped thousands of organizations and tens of thousands of users backup and restore their business-critical data. Spanning also provides constant monitoring of data backup, allowing administrators to correct issues before they become problems.
Share on Twitter: Summer ’13 Release from @spanningbackup provides powerful tools to empower large-scale users.
About Spanning Cloud Apps, Inc.
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Spanning was created with a singular purpose – to help companies protect and manage their information in the cloud. The company provides powerful, reliable, enterprise-class data protection for all Google Workspace: Gmail, Drive, Sites, Calendars and Contacts.
The top-rated backup solution on the Google Workspace Marketplace, Spanning Backup is the most reliable and respected cloud-to-cloud backup solution for IT decision-makers.