The Dark Web Threat to Office 365 and Google Workspace — Compromised Credentials and Account Takeover
Account Takeover (ATO) attacks have become a very common and lucrative business for cybercriminals who steal or buy credentials in third-party breaches.
In the 2020 Global Identity and Fraud Report by Experian, 57 percent of enterprises reported higher fraud losses due to Account Takeover. According to the latest McAfee Cloud Adoption and Risk Report:
- Over 75 percent of all organizations experience at least one compromised account threat per month.
- Over 90 percent of all organizations have stolen cloud credentials for sale on the dark web.
- Threats in Office 365 have grown by 63 percent in the last two years.
Watch Dave Wallen, Director of Product Marketing, Spanning and Matt McDermott, Director of Product Management, Spanning and MVP Office 365, Microsoft, as they explore the risks and impacts of Account Takeover on business, detail the implications on Office 365 and Google Workspace data security, and discuss strategies and actions you can take to reduce risk and effectively manage the negative impacts of such attacks.
The webinar covers:
- What is an Account Takeover Attack (ATO)?
- What are the risks and possible impacts of an ATO?
- Strategies and actions to reduce the risk
- Strategies and actions to minimize the impact
- How Spanning solutions can help?
- Solution demonstration