Understanding the Difference between Google Vault and Spanning Backup
Many people concerned about data loss in G Suite wonder if Google Vault is the solution to their problems. It’s not. Vault is designed to meet eDiscovery and compliance needs, but not backup and recovery needs.
For backup and recovery, you need a solution designed specifically for that purpose, like Spanning Backup for G Suite. In this paper, we look at the differences between Vault and Spanning Backup, so you can make an informed decision about what to do to make sure all your needs are met.
In this paper you’ll learn:
- the basic differences between Google Vault and Spanning Backup for G Suite;
- the backup capabilities for G Suite within each product;
- the clear difference in how each solution recovers and restores lost data;
- how each solution handles archiving, data retention and e-discovery; and,
- how to make the right choice based on your needs.