Spanning Backup for Google Apps
The most trusted Google Apps backup solution
Spanning Backup for Google Apps is the most trusted SaaS application data backup and recovery solution on the market today. With enterprise-grade, robust backup and recovery capabilities, it protects all of your business’ Google Apps data from costly, and sometimes catastrophic, data loss – allowing users to get data back exactly the way it was in just a few clicks.
Your Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts and Sites will be automatically backed up daily to a private and secure sector of the AWS cloud with Spanning Backup for Google Apps. The solution protects copies of all your information, so if the original copy is compromised, you can rely on our intuitive interface to rapidly and accurately restore your data. We're so confident, we give all our customers the industry's first and only 100% Restore Guarantee for Google Apps.
Spanning's Google Apps backup tool is the top-rated backup and recovery solution on the Google Apps Marketplace. Here’s why:
- It’s intuitive. Spanning Backup is so easy to use that end-users can restore their own data without calling on IT.
- It’s powerful. Our extensive functionality makes Spanning Backup the most fine-tuned Google Apps backup tool on the market, giving you maximum control of your data.
- It's 100% guaranteed. If we can back it up, we will restore it. If not, we give customers 10x the money back for 1 year of the individual account. Learn more here.
- It’s secure. We maintain industry-leading security credentials, including:
- SSAE 16 Type II compliance
- Intrusion detection
- TRUSTe privacy and security seals
- US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks certifications
- All data at rest is protected by 256-bit AES encryption with unique keys for every single object and a rotating master key protecting the unique keys. All data in transit is protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption
- It’s affordable. Starting at $40 per user per year, Spanning Backup pays for itself every time you restore a file. We’re proud to offer discounts to educators and non-profit organizations, and we’re happy to work with customers that have special budget considerations.
- It’s unlimited. You’ll never have to worry about monitoring your limits and purchasing more storage. Our rates and coverage are stable no matter how much data your organization generates.
- It’s reliable. With 99.9% uptime SLA (service level agreement) and clear visibility into your organization’s backups, Spanning Backup provides you with in-depth status of your data and 100% accurate restores.
Google Apps Backup
Automated daily and on-demand backups: ”Set it and forget it” with Spanning's automated daily backups. You can also perform additional backups on demand at any time.
Selective backups: Choose the specific applications, mail labels, calendars and contact groups you want to include in your backups.
Metadata backup: Back up and restore your data to its full and original state – including document directory structure, nested folders, site structure, sharing and permissions settings and more.
Google Apps search and restore
Point-in-time restores: Access historical snapshots or versions of all your data and restore to any previous known-good state with 100% accuracy.
Email search and filter: Easily find and select emails to be restored by date, label, sender, and subject line.
Quick Drive search and navigation: Find and restore files from any point in time in their Drive folders or by using quick search to find them.
Cross-user restore: Restore data from one Google Apps user account into another (admin only).
Restore to file and whole account export: Export an entire account or a specific pieces - files, emails, folders - of backed up data in standard file formats.
Advanced administrator options
User settings lock: Prevent user modifications to backup settings.
OU-aware license manager: Manage your software licenses at the organizational unit (OU) level, in addition to the individual user level.
Email retention with exclusion labels: Set the email retention policy for your whole domain and exclude certain labels if you choose.
Named administrators: Assign anyone to be a backup administrator - even if they’re not your Google Apps administrator.
Automated assignment of backup and recovery services: Automatically add Spanning Backup licenses to new users, ensuring that employees are protected from day one.
Administrator API: Integrate Spanning Backup into your automated onboarding and deprovisioning processes by leveraging user management and export APIs.
Complete status monitoring
Status history: Monitor and resolve backup errors and have complete confidence in your backups with our detailed, actionable status history, complete with error-correction instructions.
Status update emails: Set email notification frequency preferences – daily, weekly, monthly, never – for proactive automated backup status summaries.
Admin Audit Log: Maintain an immutable, detailed record of all administrator actions and view it from your admin dashboard.
Product Demo: How to Back Up Google Apps with Spanning Backup
See how Spanning Backup for Google Apps works
Spanning Backup for Google Apps will help you to:
- Backup your Google emails and recover deleted emails from Gmail. See how to Backup Gmail with our software.
- Keep Google Drive files always available with backup and recover deleted Google Drive files. Learn how Google Drive backup works.
- Backup Google Calendar and restore all your Google Calendar events. Watch Spanning Backup for Google Calendar in action.
- Backup and Restore lost Google Contacts quickly. See how to Backup Google Contacts.
Our approach is designed to accommodate the needs of all users – individuals and companies, regardless of type, size or flavor. Whether you’re an individual or domain customer, Spanning Backup for Google Apps provides full business-class protection for all your data in Gmail, Drive, Sites*, Calendars and Contacts.
With a domain account, you can purchase subscriptions for all users in your domain, or just selected users. Additional users can be added, quickly and easily, at any time.
Pricing starts at $40/year per user. Special pricing is available for educational organizations and non-profits. Please contact us for more information.
Protecting customer data is our #1 priority.
Spanning Backup employs multiple layers of operation and physical security to ensure the integrity and safety of your data, including:
- SSAE 16 compliance: Spanning was the first cloud-to-cloud backup provider to successfully complete the SSAE 16 Type II audit process, a rigorous evaluation of repeatable operational and technical controls.
- Strong encryption: Spanning Backup protects data at rest with 256-bit AES object-level encryption (one of the strongest block ciphers available), with unique, randomly generated encryption keys for every single object and a rotating master key protecting the unique keys. All data in transit is also protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Intrusion detection: Our systems constantly guard against intrusion with log analysis, file integrity checking, policy monitoring, rootkit detection, real-time alerting, and active response.
- Compartmentalized access: Access to production servers is granted only to named Spanning employees who have specific operational requirements. Changes to the production environment access control list are tracked and auditable.
- Virtual private cloud: Spanning Backup runs within a private, isolated section of the Amazon Web Services cloud where we maintain AWS resources in a secure, virtual network.
- Third-party certifications and audits: Spanning Backup operates within the Amazon Web Services cloud, which is ISO 27001 certified, has completed multiple SAS-70 Type II audits, and publishes a SOC 1 report under both the SSAE 16 and the ISAE 3402 professional standards. Spanning Backup has also earned TRUSTe privacy and security seals and is certified under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
Start a 14-day free trial
Like what you see? You can try a non-restricted version of Spanning Backup free for 14 days. We’ll start backing up your Google Apps data immediately. When you're ready to purchase, simply convert your trial licenses to paids licenses, and we’ll continue backing up your critical data seamlessly. It’s as simple as that!