Gmail Recovery Made Easy: Get Lost Gmail Back in Just a Few Clicks
As a G Suite admin, you’re likely familiar with end users asking you to restore Gmail that’s been lost. Here are two common Gmail data loss scenarios, and how to use Spanning Backup for G Suite to restore lost email messages in a few clicks.
Data loss in Gmail: when an important email can’t be found
Here are two common use cases for end user Gmail data loss:
- The end user deleted an email accidentally, then emptied their Trash to free up space, and now they can’t find the missing email using any of Google’s built-in methods.
- An end user maliciously deletes important messages with critical information in anger, after hearing there are plans for company-wide layoffs. .
In cases like these, if Spanning Backup for G Suite has been installed for your domain and the end user is assigned a Spanning license, you can restore that email in just a few clicks:
- Log in to Spanning Backup for G Suite as an admin.
- Select the desired user’s account that you want to restore by using the dropdown in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click “Restore” in the left sidebar.
- Search by date range or subject line for the email to be restored.
- Once you find it, select it, and then click Restore.
Your end users can self-restore lost Gmail by logging into Spanning Backup for G Suite, navigating to Restore, selecting the Gmail tab, searching by date range or subject line, and then selecting the specific email to restore.
Data restoration in Gmail: when an employee leaves, and emails need to be restored to a manager
The need to restore Gmail from a departing employee to their manager is also a common scenario, and may be complicated by an employee who deletes important messages intentionally or accidentally. With Spanning Backup for G Suite installed, you can restore that Gmail quickly and easily.
- Sign into Spanning Backup as a domain admin.
- Impersonate the user you want to restore from.
- Select the data you’re wanting to restore and click the “Restore” button.
- When prompted, select the user that you’re wanting the email messages restored to.
Spanning Backup for G Suite is purpose-built to allow G Suite administrators and their colleagues in IT to focus on high value projects, instead of being derailed by data loss incidents related to Gmail, Drive, (including Team Drives, Calendars, Contacts and Sites), and to enable end users to restore their own lost data so they can get back to work faster. See a full demo.Start Your 14-Day Free Trial